Thursday, March 1, 2012


February had its ups and downs.  There was our six year wedding anniversary, Valentine's Day, a tour of my husband's new work, guppy fry, the unveiling of a new site, and new parts for custom built computers.  Then there were ants and complaints from the neighbors.

My husband and I celebrated six years of marriage by spending the whole day together.  Valentine's Day was just a few days later, but since it fell on a weekday, Justin spent the majority of the day at work.  Speaking of which, his company had a little get together, so I got to spend a Saturday there with him.  He gave me a tour, introduced me to his coworkers, and then we played some games (ping pong, foosball) in the game room.  The place had kind of a dungeony feel to it, but it had a lot of artwork on the walls.

I started a new site to document how weird my life/family is.  As I get more readers, I will begin posting more often.  Here are links to the Website and affiliated Twitter account.

After the ant fiasco (explained below), I pushed Justin to order the parts for my desktop computer build.  We'd already been planning to do it, but hadn't gotten around to it yet.  Anyway, so we signed in to newegg and started adding things to the cart.  Every time I looked away, he had added something for himself.  Before long, the plan had changed and he was ordering parts for himself with the plan to give his old computer stuff to me.  He kept repeating, "Oh well, it's in the cart.  I can't take it out now.  It's not possible."   Uh huh...  The parts came yesterday and we spent the whole evening putting them together.  I say "we" because I opened boxes and handed him components/screws when he asked. :P

The apartment complex manager called me yesterday to let me know that they'd received a noise complaint about us.  She was pretty vague, only mentioning "stomping and hammering noises."  I'm guessing the "stomping" they're hearing is really just us walking regularly because I can hear both the people above and below when they're walking.  As far as the hammering noises, I have no idea what they're talking about.  My only guess is the dryer, so I'm not going to run it at night anymore.

Justin was getting ready for work when he heard a noise in the living room.  He walked out to find two men announcing that they were here about the ants.  He came into the room to wake me up.  I was still half dreaming and heard "The ant people are here. The ant people are here."  For one horrifying moment, I imagined human sized ants walking through my living room while carrying briefcases.  Once I realized it was a dream, I quickly made myself presentable and hurried out to talk to the exterminators.  They put two globs of sticky stuff in the kitchen and another in the living room.  I was pretty peeved because I was thinking, "I waited a week for THIS!?!  I could have done that!"  I ended up putting some liquid Terro out in the kitchen, which the ants seemed to enjoy (as am I thinking about how they're taking it back to their nest).

A few hours after the exterminators left, an ant crawled out of my laptop.  EEK!  Before long, another two had made their way across the keyboard.  Double EEK!  To make matters worse, I found one in my bed.  MY bed, not theirs.  Justin helped me take all the bedding off to put in the washing machine.  The next night, I found an ant on my pillow.  *shudder*  I just want this nightmare to be over.  Seriously, all I could think about the last couple of nights was ants crawling over me while I slept.  Anyway, I sprayed the room with Ortho Home Defense and am hoping for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment